The current version (for iManager 2.0 - 2.7) of the tool can be downloaded at:
download url: http://wstools.de
home page url: http://wolfgangschreiber.de
This iManager module serves as a simple interface for user password self service.
It creates a new iManager task and role that allows users to change their own password.
The NPM installation follows the regular iManager NPM installation procedure:
- start iManager with admin rights, select "Configure"
- select "Module Installation" / "Available Novell Plug-in Modules"
- click on "New" and browse to your *.npm
- when copied, mark the modules and click "Install"
- restart Tomcat
- select "Role Based Services" / "RBS Configuration"
- choose a target collection (row) and click on the number in the column "Not Installed"
- choose the "Simple Password Self Service" module and click on the word "Install"
This module has been developed tested on iManager 2.5, but it should run unchanged on iManager 2.0.x
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.