Do you need training on Novell ZENworks Application Virtualization 8? We have a course coming up soon that will take from installation and deployment to integration with ZCM 10 and creating virtual applications from scratch.
This is two full days of training that starts on June 6th. It will be delivered online so you can participate from your home or office, whichever works best for you.
This course assumes no prerequisite knowledge about any version of ZAV, so if you're a new customer of this product this course was designed for you. The instructor, Mike Bills, tells me the real value of this course is that students get to do real hands on work with the product. You will package, customize, and deploy actual applications with ZAV so you'll be able to immediately apply this knowledge on the job.
Here's a full outline of what you learn in this class:
Section 1: Basic ZENworks Application Virtualization
- Describe ZENworks Application Virtualization
- Install ZENworks Application Virtualization
- Virtualize Windows Applications with ZENworks Application Virtualization
- Deploy Virtual Applications
Section 2: Advanced ZENworks Application Virtualization
- Clean up re-packaged applications before building the virtual EXE
- Customize the application
- Build shared components
- Build and MSI wrapper for your virtual application
- Advanced Application Deployment
- ZENworks Configuration Management Integration
- Create Virtual Applications from scratch
- Platform Merge
Section 3: Making Applications Portable
- Using SpoonReg to run apps remotely
- Making apps Portable
- Publish to USB Drive
Section 4: ZENworks Application Virtualization Streaming Applications
- What is application Streaming
- Streaming Tools
- Configure Spoon Server
- Build the Application
- Launching the Application
- Streaming Applications from a share
The cost is $1050 or three (3) training credits
This online class, like all our online classes, gives you a chance to do meaningful hands-on exercises. There is an extensive lab in each section of the course.
You can go to the registration page here http://bit.ly/jgRKrS.
Please follow Novell Training on:
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.