How do you get the address information from all your business contacts into an application such as Microsoft Excel to use for a mailing? You enter so much information in GroupWise, there's got to be a way to export the information for use in other applications.
Here's the best way I've found ...
1. Open GW Addressbook.
2. Choose the desired Address Book.
3. Select File > Export.
4. Choose the desired option (whole AB or selected entries).
5. Save to a *.NAB file at the desired location.
6. Open Miocrosoft Excel.
7. Create a new sheet.
8. Select Data > Import external data > Import data (these menu items my vary - I've just transated them from German excel).
9. Find and select your saved *.NAB file to open (select 'All Files (*.*)' as
The text conversion wizard/assistant pops up (if installed).
10. Run through that wizard with your options.
You're done! All tre contacts are listed in your Excel spreadsheet, ready for further processing.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.