Install Fests are great opportunities for your members to get some hands-on experience with new Novell products. Here's the basic outline of how you run them.
- Get a group of techie friends, IT professionals, etc.
- Provide a location where you can all meet
(preferably with access to internet).
- Make sure every participant brings his/her own
- Have enough copies of the latest version of
openSUSE or the software you want to install (to
obtain more free software contact NUI).
- You can do a little presentation on the software or
have one of the Novell representatives do a presentation
for your group (to arrange speakers contact
- Let the installation begin!!
Here are the Lab Manuals that have been prepared for your Install Fests. So far, we just have manuals for SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10. If you would like manuals for different products, request them in the comments section below.
As requested by kathcarruthers below, we are working to gather additional Install Guides for your use in Install Fests. Stay tuned.
Also -- we have started a Book called Practical Installation Advice in which we are compiling the best installation articles from Cool Solutions. Some of those may spark some great Install Fest ideas. If you use any of them, comment below so others can try it too.