When you try to configure BorderManager 3.8 in ConsoleOne, the following error may appear, and the configuration changes may not take effect:
BSCOV ... Unable to Update NDS attributes (-614)
1. In ConsoleOne, go to the NCP server running BorderManager.
2. Go to the "Other" tab and locate the attribute "BRDSRVS: Timestamp".
3. Open it to verify that duplicate timestamp entries exist. If they do, you will not be able to delete the entries.
4. Instead, remove the entire Attribute.
5. Click Apply, then OK.
6. Re-open the object to verify that it has been removed correctly.
7. Update a rule in BorderManager for this server and click Apply. This will force the creation of a new Timestamp Attribute, and the rules will now update successfully.
This was addressed in TID 2953710, but the stated fix there does not appear to work on NetWare 6.5 SP5. The utility provided in the TID generates an error "AttachByAddress, Error= 12" and does not remove the duplicate Timestamps.
BorderManager 3.8 on NetWare 6.5 SP5
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.