NDS ACL list copy is a VB6 tool I have written to automate the copy of large (or small!) trustee lists from one NDS object to another. (I am talking about NDS rights here - not file system rights)
Please be aware this application is written in VB6 (now unsupported by Microsoft) and utilizes the NDAP activex controls available here - http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/ActiveX_NDAP_Controls (now unsupported by Novell) You should consider these facts before using this application in a production environment!
To use this tool:
- install it on a Windows Workstation with the Novell Client installed (tested on Windows XP SP2 with Novell Client 4.91 SP4, your mileage may vary!)
- launch the application
- select a source object (this is the object with the ACL you wish to copy)
- tailor the ACL list as required using the Remove Assignment button
- select a destination object - the ACL from the source object will be added to the destination objects ACL (existing assignments will remain, except where rights are being explicitly changed in the source ACL)
- apply the changes using the Apply button
- any errors generated will be written to the errors window, which can be subsequently viewed in notepad for ease of viewing.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.