- synchronizationsearch for term
1. Short for "time synchronization".
2. A means of ensuring that replicas of a Novell Directory Services (NDS) partition contain the same information as other replicas of that partition. Replica synchronization updates the replicas and runs periodically in a cycle controlled by the network administrator.
3. The Novell Replication Services process by which changes made to file and directory replicas are applied to their master versions, and vice versa. This can be performed manually when required, or can be scheduled to occur at specific times or frequencies.
4. In Novell GroupWise, short for "directory synchronization."