Released by Hull College under Creative Commons CC-By-SA License
download url: http://www.futuretime15.karoo.net/other/ICE-NSM.txt
home page url: http://www.hull-college.ac.uk
Note that with the introduction of Novell Storage Manager 3.0.1, policy definitions are no longer stored as objects in eDirectory, but have been moved to a local database on the server hosting the NSM Engine.
This DOS Batch Script queries eDirectory to output a handful of CSV format reports aimed at Novell Storage Manager 2.5x administrators. Useful to quickly find:
- The Target Path applied to a container OU, etc.(*)
- A list of all unique Target Paths(*)(**)
- A list of all Novell Volumes
- A list of any users in your Tree without Home Directories
- A list of any users in your Tree having the temporary Proxy Home Path
- A sample LDIF File (under some circumstances)
Save the script in the link as ICE-NSM.cmd (new extension), and then right-click to Edit each opening "set XYZ=" according to your own environment.
Tested for NSM 2.5x. Requires:
- ICE.EXE, typically installed by your eDirectory Snap-In for ConsoleOne
- Something to view CSV spreadsheets
ICE-NSM [optional Bind Password, skip for Anonymous LDAP]
* Archaic results and not supported in NSM 3.x.
** This report assumes unique Volume Object names in your Tree, which they are by default as "UniqueServer_VolumeName".