If you delete a user in ConsoleOne without the GroupWise snapins, only the eDirectory object (counterpart) is deleted and not the associated GroupWise object.
When you open the GroupWise user object in the ConsoleOne GroupWise View you get this error:
You can delete this object now, but if you think you have more (or lots) of these GroupWise objects, and you want to get rid of these objects where the eDirectory counterpart is missing, you can do the following ...
1. Start ConsoleOne (with the snapins of the same GroupWise version).
2. In the eDirectory view, select the Organization object.
3. Select Tools > GroupWise Utilities > GW / eDirectory Association > Graft GroupWise Objects.
A wizard will be started. Note: Be careful not to click Next too many times!
4. Select users, resources, distributions lists and libraries.
5. Click Next.
6. Click Next.
7. Select the Domain and Postoffice.
8. Select Users only and not the other options.
9. Click No and Next on Additional User Fields.
10. If you are using GroupWise External Entities and you have these eDirectory objects in a specific context, add this container to the list of contexts. Otherwise all External Entities will be displayed in the next screen.
11. Click Next.
12. Select Save to a text file and continue and click Next. You can also select all users and copy it with Ctrl-C to a document.
13. Save this to a document and select CANCEL at this point (unless you want to graft these users to your GroupWise system, but that's another story).
Now you can safely delete this object after getting the next warnings.
14. Click Yes.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.