A Forum reader recently asked:
"We need to create a Role in iManager that allows its occupants to do nothing more than rename users. The default Rename Object is too broad for our purposes."
And here's the response from Wolfgang Schreiber ...
Here's a good way to accomplish that:
1. Locate \nps\portal\modules\base\install\iManager.xml
2. Find the segment containing "base.RenameObject"
3. Copy this segment (within iManager.xml, or better, to custom\install\*.xml)
4. In the copied segment, make the following changes:
to Rename User
5. Re-install the module with these changes.
That should do the trick.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.