Here are the steps to create agent iso for specific Platform:
- Download the tar file attached with this Solution
- Un-tar it
- Mount the Latest ZLM7.2 Agent ISO or CD
- run the script with required parameters./zlm-create-agent-iso target mount-pathex ./zlm-create-agent-iso oes-9-i586 /mnt/zlm-agent
- copy the iso created which will be in the location /tmp/.iso. for above example it will /tmp/oes-9-i586.iso
- On the device mount the iso
- Install all the rpms in the iso
- register the device to ZLM server using "rug sa"
- Assign the upgrade bundle created using zlm-upgrade -b
- rug refresh to get the assigned bundle
- rug bin <bundle-name> -y
- This should have installed zlm-agent on the device
All steps except 9 should be run on the device that you wish to install zlm-agent.
Step 9 should be executed on ZLM-server
To Create Upgrade bundle using zlm-upgrade -b Follow the below steps.
- Go to ZLM-server machine
- Mount Latest ZLM-agent iso or CDex: mount -o loop ZLM7.2-ir2-agent.iso /mnt/zlm-agent
- go to mounted ZLM-agent directory excd /mnt/zlm-agent
- run ./zlm-upgrade -b
- Specify a folder that you want to create to hold the upgrade bundles.
- After the upgrade completes, refer to /var/opt/novell/log/zenworks/zlm-upgrade.log to ensure that the upgrade is successful.
Disclaimer: As with everything else at Cool Solutions, this content is definitely not supported by Novell (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up).
It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.