RSS News Feeds for Firefox Users
The mozilla developers have built a great feature into Firefox 1.0 that pulls Cool Solutions news into your browser's sidebar.
Cool Solutions Headlines at Your Fingertips
Take these simple steps to start Firefox 1.0 delivering Cool Solutions to your desktop.
- Using Firefox, browse to your favorite Cool Solutions home page -- we're using eDirectory in this example. (The main Cool Solutions page, http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/, will feed news from *all* of the cool communities to your desktop. If you're interested in *everything* cool, go there.
- Click on the orange "broadcast" icon that shows up in the lower right corner of your browser.
- Click the "Subscribe to 'Novell eDirectory RSS'..." button that appears.
- A dialog box will open that allows you to change the labels (and storage location) if you wish. If you like what you see, just click OK.
- That's it! The news is now being dynamically delivered to your desktop. Oh yeah, to see headlines, go to the "Bookmarks" menu and look for the colored folder (at the bottom of the list).
- You can also see the headlines by going to the "View" menu and selecting "Bookmarks" from the "Sidebar" menu.
Many thanks to the Firefox team for adding such a gnarly feature to this awesome browser. Thanks are also in order to Peter Van Lone for sending us the tip that inspired us to dig deeper.