Designer for Identity Manager Download
Power Tools For Deploying Identity Manager Solutions
A Faster, Easier Way
Novell's Identity Manager team is developing the Designer for Identity Manager, a powerful, graphical toolset designed to assist in configuring and deploying Identity Manager.
When complete, Designer will include the following functionality:
- enterprise modeling
- project versioning and staging
- policy management
- integrated XML/XSLT editor
- debugging, data simulation
- project documentation
Enjoy a Smoother Experience
The Designer tools enable you to do the following things:
- Carry projects with you -- work offline and save projects to disk.
- Keep a project open for an extended period of time.
- Work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience higher performance -- processing is performed on the local CPU.
- Enjoy a smoother interface (fewer clicks, fewer sub-windows to resize or close, etc.).
- Benefit from an included development/debugging environment and integration with other client-based tools (editors, debuggers, etc.).
Design and manage a graphical view of your Identity Management System by dragging and dropping system components into your work area.
Create and manage your system policies through a powerful set of graphical tools, eliminating the need for hand-coding policies in XSLT.
Quick Document Generation
Designer automates the documentation process of your IDM project, saving you an extraordinary amount of time.
Overview of the Designer development approach
The Designer team periodically releases free incremental updates to the full-release install. These plug-ins contain additional design, deployment and management capabilities for our product. By registering, you will be placed on an e-mail list to be notified of new incremental releases along with a link from where the updates can be downloaded.
- If this is your first time downloading Designer, fill out the form below for free access to Designer's builds
- Download the Designer release.
- Select a client platform: SUSE Linux, or Windows. Unzip to a temp directory and run the installation program (BIN or EXE).
- Launch Designer. An icon will be installed on the desktop for you to do this.
- Be sure to refer to the Designer for Identity Manager Help to understand how to work with projects.
- Please provide us with your feedback. You can send feedback by commenting in the feedback forum listed below.
Update installation instructions
Designer checks for the latest updates every time it is launched. Click Install Update to install the latest updates. If you have disabled the Designer update notification, you can download the updates from Download and follow the installation instructions given below.
- Unzip the Designer update on your local file system.
- Go to Designer>Window>Preferences>Novell>Identity Manager>Updates.
- Change the URL to file:///<unzip location>/designer_update~x.x.xAU_xxxxxxxx and apply changes.
- Go to Designer>Help>Check for Designer Updates to install the updates.
- Restart Designer after the update is successfully installed.
- Refer to Help>What's New for more information on the update.
Request access to the Designer build
Complete the following form:
Visit the designer forum
Stay connected, post a question, or just follow along in the Designer Forum.https://forums.netiq.com/forumdisplay.php?20-IM-Designer