GroupWise PDA Connect 1.0 SP1 Multi Lingual
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Updated: 23 Jun 2005
There is now a new Product Support forum for PDA Connect. Try it out here: http://support.novell.com/forums/2gw.html
The GroupWise PDA Connect 1.0 SP1 Multi Lingual version is now available!
Localizations: Portuguese (Brazilian), Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
GroupWise PDA Connect is designed to work on a Windows computer to synchronize data between GroupWise and a PDA device. It is comprised of a synchronization engine and translators, which are used to seamlessly integrate with the data source's features and data.
The GroupWise PDA Connect allows users to synchronize their Palm OS* or Pocket PC device with the following features in GroupWise:
Before installing GroupWise PDA Connect:
- Ensure that Microsoft* ActiveSync* is installed for the Pocket PC 2000, 2002, or 2003 or Palm HotSync* Manager is installed for the Palm OS 4.x or 5.x.
- Ensure that GroupWise 6.5.3 is installed. You can download the required GroupWise Support Pack from the GroupWise 6.5 Product Updates page (http://support.novell.com/filefinder/16963/index.html)
- Ensure that you are not synchronizing anything in Outlook* (such as e-mail, calendar, tasks, or notes) in either ActiveSync, PocketMirror*, or Palm Desktop.
- If you have an IMAP e-mail client on your mobile device, and want to use GroupWise PDA Connect for e-mail instead of your IMAP e-mail client, then you need to install the MailPlus client on your mobile device. You can download the MailPlus client from the GroupWise 6.5 Product Updates page (http://support.novell.com/filefinder/16963/index.html). When using GroupWise PDA Connect, you can only synchronize using the cradle. This is typically considered a downgrade from an IMAP e-mail client.
- To increase the speed of synchronization, you should use the cleanup options in GroupWise to automatically delete or archive items that are older than 3 months. To set the Cleanup options in GroupWise, click Tools > Options, then click Environment. Click the cleanup tab, then select the options you want, click OK, then click Close. Additionally, you may want to delete any unneeded items on your mobile device.
Download GroupWise PDA Connect 1.0 Multi Lingual here
For installation instructions, see the GroupWise PDA Connect Readme file:
- GroupWise PDA Connect 1.0 SP1Readme file - June 13, 2005: text file
MailPlus is designed to work on Palm OS as a cradle-only synchronization mail client.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com