Computhink and GWAVA Ensure E-Mail Compliance for GroupWise with the Email Archive Service for GWAVA
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
By Computhink, GWAVA
Digg This -
Posted: 30 Dec 2004
Email Archive Service for GWAVA
E-mail volumes have increased by 50% over the past year (Source: Ferris Research)
Number of e-mails sent each day will increase from 9.7 billion in 2000 to 35 billion in 2005. (Source: IDC Research)
60% - Have no formal policy
54% - Do not tell employees how or by whom e-mails should be retained.
Of the remaining 40%
37% Archive by content
31% Retain e-mails indefinitely
26% Retain for 120 days
Compliance with organizational policies, industry standards, local, and National Government laws and regulations dictate evolving retention periods for all types of Data. The burden of ownership is on the organization to retain all types of documents for a specified period, normally 2 to 7 years but in some cases it can be up to 100 years or indefinitely.
GWAVA processes all emails, internal and external. ViewWise Email Archive Service for GWAVA auto archives all emails from GWAVA into ViewWise IDM. ViewWise / GWAVA Bundled solution provides the baseline compliance. ViewWise IDM with GroupWise Agent offers full IDM scalable expansion.
The ViewWise Email Archive Service for GWAVA? helps your organization address government email retention regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC Rule 17a, and NASD Rule 3010. This solution provides a comprehensive archive solution for all incoming and outgoing email messages (including attachments) which have been scanned and filtered through GWAVA for GroupWise. Once in ViewWise the content can be retrieved based on address information or actual email content.
Fact on GWAVA - it's the Leading Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus solution for GroupWise:
- Over 7 million users and growing fast
- More GroupWise users are protected by GWAVA then any other security solution
- GWAVA looks at every message that passes through your GroupWise 5.5 and 6.x MTAs and full scans of 6.5 Post Offices
Email Archive Service for GWAVA Objectives:
- Meet regulatory requirements such as the State of Florida Sunshine Law, HIPAA, the Security Exchange Commission and others.
- Have consistent procedure archiving
- No user involvement
- Automate the e-mail archive process and indexing process
- Index "all" of the content including email attachments
Email Archive Service for GWAVA Requirements:
- Archive e-mails to less expensive media
- Security that limits access to authorized users
- Provide for efficient retrieval of e-mail content
- Protect the records from being altered
- Provide an audit trail of the activity
Any questions, please contact us at 800-98-THINK or email us at email@example.com.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com