ZENworks 7 Linux Management: Almost Here!
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 11 Mar 2005
For all of you zillions of folks who've been asking about ZENworks Linux Management, we're happy to say, it's almost here.
Novell ZENworks 7 Linux Management provides complete lifecycle management for Linux platforms, including SUSE Linux and Red Hat* Enterprise Linux, adding imaging, configuration lockdown, remote management, inventory and software management to extend its leadership in this fast growing market. The management capabilities of ZENworks 7 Linux Management are fully integrated with Novell Linux Desktop and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (part of Novell Open Enterprise Server). ZENworks 7 Linux Management is the only solution that uses Policy-Driven Automation to centrally deploy, manage and maintain Linux resources no matter where they reside in the network.
In addition to the market-leading Linux software and patch management capabilities already available in ZENworks Linux Management, version 7 delivers many new, enterprise-class capabilities, including:
- Policy-Driven Automation that allows administrators to define their business processes and policies once and then automatically apply them to the appropriate individual device or groups of devices.
- Web-based administration via the new ZENworks Control Center, a task-oriented management console for centrally deploying, managing and maintaining Linux systems.
- Remote control to reduce the number of required technician visits to remote locations?powered by the popular open-source VNC (Virtual Network Computing) client, which Novell has directory-enabled with its identity management technology for secured remote control.
- Centralized imaging to automate and accelerate Linux deployments.
- Customized reporting and querying for hardware and software inventory.
Novell is previewing ZENworks 7 Linux Management at CeBIT in Hannover, Germany, and at the upcoming Novell BrainShare User Conference in Salt Lake City later this month. Customers can get a first look at the new product at here. The product is scheduled for release in the second quarter of 2005, and details on pricing and availability will be announced at a later date. For more information about ZENworks Linux Management, please visit http://www.novell.com/products/zenworks.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com