Building a Compaq SAN on NetWare 6
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 26 Nov 2001
If you're into big storage (storage area networks or SANs), this new deployment guide may be just what the doctor ordered. The hot-off-the presses guide walks you through the steps to deploying your very own Compaq SAN.
These are the steps covered in the guide:
- Install SBBs and Program Card in the Storage Cabinet.
- Install Fibre Channel HBA in the NetWare Server.
- Cable the Storage Subsystem to the NetWare Server.
- Connect a Windows NT or Windows 2000 Client as a Maintenance Terminal.
- Power up the Storage Subsystem.
- Establish Communication Between the SWCC and the Storage Subsystem.
- Verify Controller Properties.
- Configure a Storageset.
- Configure the NetWare Host.
If you need more detail than these steps provide (if you don't, you're in a class of your own) the complete deployment guide (in .pdf) is located here: www.novell.com/info/collateral/docs/4621224.01/4621224.pdf
If you want to check out all the latest deployment guides, here's the place: http://www.novell.com/documentation/nw65/
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com