Cloning your Linux Desktop in VMware
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
By Joe Harmon
Digg This -
Posted: 3 May 2005
- Since I wanted to keep my old installation setup, I decided to create a clone of the machine. To do this, select the virtual machine itself (in this case it was called NLD9) and then choose the "Clone this virtual machine" option.
- When you choose this option you will start the Clone Virtual Machine Wizard. Choose NEXT to continue.
- Leave the Clone Source set to "Clone from current state" and choose NEXT.
- We want to create a full clone so that we are not dependent on the other virtual machine, so change the clone type to "Create a full clone" and choose NEXT to continue.
- Now give the new clone a name. Click NEXT to continue
- Click FINISH to create the clone.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com