Taking advantage of some of the new GroupWise 7 WebAccess features while still running GroupWise 6.5
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
By Pam Robello
Digg This -
Posted: 28 Jul 2005
Would you like to have your GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess users take advantage of some of the new user interface options included in GroupWise 7 WebAccess, but don't want to upgrade just yet?
The following information will help you accomplish that task.
The primary domain must be upgraded to GroupWise 7 and GroupWise 7 WebAccess must be installed for that domain.
For this document, the primary domain and one post office were upgraded to GroupWise 7 and WebAccess was installed on a NetWare 6.5 Support Pack 3 server. The secondary domain and one post office were left at GroupWise 6.5 Support Pack 5 with WebAccess being installed on a NetWare 6.0 Support Pack 5 server.
The step in this process is to add the GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess Agent to the provider list for GroupWise 7. This is done by following these steps:
- Load ConsoleOne (with GroupWise 7 snapins) and connect to the Primary Domain.
- From the DS view, click on the Primary Domain object. This will show a list of the associated objects associated in the right hand pane.
- Highlight the GroupWise Provider object, right click on this object and select Properties.
- In the Environment setting of the Provider tab, add the GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess agent to the GroupWise WebAccess Agents box. To do this, click on the Add button and browse to the GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess agent in the tree.
- Once added, if it is not listed as the first agent, highlight and click on the Up button until this agent is the first in the list.
For all of the GroupWise 7 post offices in the system, you will need to over-ride the default WebAccess agent as they will try to use the GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess agent by default.
To do this:
- Open ConsoleOne (with the GroupWise 7 snapins) and go to the properties of the Post Office object
- From the GroupWise tab, select Default WebAccess.
- Click in the Override box to make it active.
- Click on the Browse button to browse to the GroupWise 7 WebAccess agent.
- Highlight this Agent and click on Ok.
- Click on Apply and then Close.
The encryption key for the GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess agent will also need to be changed so that it matches the encryption key for the GroupWise 7 WebAccess Agent.
- Go to the properties of the GroupWise 7 WebAccess agent.
- Copy the Encryption key from the WebAccess Settings page.
- Open the properties of the GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess agent and paste this key in the same field for that agent.
- Click on Apply and then Close. Restart the GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess agent.
GroupWise 6.5 WebAccess users will now be able to take advantage of features like Drag and Drop. Some features, such as name completion, will not work until the users are actually using the GroupWise 7 WebAccess application.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com