Setting Firefox as the Default Browser In SUSE Pro
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
By Aaron Gresko
Digg This -
Posted: 1 Aug 2005
I set Firefox as the default browser when I first ran it. When I click on hyperlinks in certain applications, like GroupWise, Konqueror loads. Why isn't Firefox my default browser?
To solve this problem, do two things. First make sure Firefox is set as the default browser and then make sure the file associations for web content are correct for your environment.
To make Firefox the default browser on SUSE Pro, perform the following:
- Start Firefox by selecting SUSE
> Internet > Web Browser > Firefox.
- Select Edit > Preferences.
- Select the General tab. The General tab contains a section titled "Default Browser", as shown in Figure 1.
- Select Check Now to have Firefox check if it is the default browser. If it's not the default browser, Firefox will ask if you want to set it as such.
- Select SUSE > Control Center.
- Select KDE Components > File Associations.
- In the Known Types list, expand text and then select html.
- In the frame titled Application Preference Order, select Firefox and then select Move Up.
- Select Apply to save changes.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com