NSS, Quotas and Mirroring
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 20 Jul 2000
In case you would like to add quotas and / or mirroring to an NSS volume, there are a few steps you will need to take. This was supposed to be documented in the readme for the Support Pack, but it was not.
Here is the command to enable quotas on NSS volumes. Once the command is issued, it need not be entered again. You will need to use ConsoleOne to administer quotas once they are enabled.
- To enable user space restrictions for an NSS volume issue the command:
- NSS /UserSpaceRestrictions=<nss vol name>
- To disable user space restrictions for an NSS volume issue the command:
- NSS /NoUserSpaceRestrictions=<nss vol name>
Also see this Power Point Presentation explaining how to enable 5.1 mirroring for NWCS.
And here is a list of TIDs for more information:
- TID 10053681 confirms that NSS User Space Restrictions & Mirroring have been delivered in NW 5.1 SP1.
- TID 10053695 confirms that NSS User Space Restrictions & Mirroring have been delivered in NW 5.0 SP5.
- TID 10054068 explains how to configure NSS User Space Restrictions. Unconfirmed: NSS does not support subdirectory-based disk restrictions.
- TID 10054069 explains how to configure NSS Mirroring.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com