BrainStorm Cool Tip: Viewing Other Folders as Panels
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 20 Oct 2005
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you use GroupWise more effectively. If you have a tip suggestion, please email us at email@example.com.
The Home View folder is not the only folder in GroupWise that you can view using panels. You can view any of your folders, including your mailbox and calendar in panels. For each folder, you can create custom panels that show you what you need to know at a glance.
Follow the steps below to view a folder as panels:
- Right-click any folder in your folder list or any tab in your Navigation bar and select Properties from the menu that appears.
- Click the Display tab.
- From the View by drop-down list, select Panels.
- Click Customize Panels to choose a layout for your panels, create new panels, and add panels to your view.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again.
- If you want to save your panel viewing setting, type a name for the display setting and a description in the Display Settings Save As box that appears.
- Click OK.
- Your folder will now display as panels.
- If your Display Settings toolbar is showing, you can also choose your custom panel display from this toolbar's drop-down list.
(Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.)
This tip concludes the series of BrainStorm Cool Tips on the Home View. If you have a question about the Home View that you want answered in a tip, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
more BrainStorm cool tips
For GroupWise Training solutions and to find out more about how to increase your GroupWise productivity, visit BrainStorm, Inc., the Novell Authorized End User Training Partner.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com