Cool Blog: GroupWise Server Migration Utility in Beta!
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 26 Sep 2006
At BrainShare last spring, we announced the GroupWise Server Migration Utility. This utility quickly and easily transfers GroupWise agents, domains, post offices and data from a NetWare or Windows server to a Linux server. It also helps you minimize downtime and limit disruptions to user productivity. If you are interested in getting your hands on this utility, please read on.
Below is an open invitation from Alison Tate, our Beta Coordinator, inviting you to become involved in Beta testing this utility. By the way, Novell IS&T has provided us back some early feedback indicating that the utility is looking very solid - good enough, in fact, that they are already using it to migrate a production server. So what you are getting is very solid Beta code.
Novell would like to establish a close working relationship with a few highly motivated customers in an authorized beta setting. In this arrangement, you will be first to receive new versions of the software as it becomes available, AND you will receive free technical support for the duration of the beta cycle. In return Novell asks your site to commit about 10 person-hours per week to testing the product and reporting your feedback on its performance.
Please know that there are a set of standards that are required to become a Novell Beta Tester, such as:
- Test the product for a minimum of 5 to 10 hours a week.
- Install the product within 2 business days of receiving it.
- Complete provided test cases within one (1) week after each beta release is installed.
- Report on defects found during beta testing within one (1) business day.
- Regress defects found with product refresh code.
- Participate in conference calls, as scheduled.
- Answer survey questions, as needed.
- Periodically report feedback to development on reliability, stability, and readiness of product for the marketplace.
- Provide feedback regarding product documentation and help systems.
- Provide the required hardware to adequately test the product.
- Host on-site visits from Novell as needed.
- Participate in the Novell Beta Test Program under a formal Non-Disclosure Agreement.
If you are interested in participating in this beta, please fill in the information below. Once I have this information, I will send additional e-mails to you with further information pertaining to the GW Server Migration Beta Program.
Company Contact Mailing Address (No PO Boxes please):
*Novell Login Username:
*Please be aware that a Novell Login account is required to access the beta code. If you do not already have one, please create one at https://secure-www.novell.com/selfreg/jsp/createAccount.jsp?target= before replying to this email.
****Please Respond Immediately! *******
The product is preparing for the Beta I phase. Please respond as soon as possible to this e-mail with the information requested.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for your time,
Alison Tate - Novell Beta
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com