McAfee - Anti-virus
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 24 Jan 2007
Vendor Home URL:
McAfee NetShield for NetWare
NetShield for NetWare and LinuxShield provide continuous scanning for viruses, worms and other malicious code with automatic updates and central management. NetShield for NetWare and LinuxShield can both be managed through a single console - McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator.
Features and Capabilities
NetShield for NetWare and LinuxShield include the following features:
- Always-on, real-time scanning for viruses, worms, malicious code, distributed denial-of-service attacks, backdoor and remote Trojans, and zombies
- Graphical reporting
- Security policies
- Heuristic scanning (identifies and blocks unknown viruses using behavior-based rules)
- Archive scanning (scans and detects data blocks in archived or compressed files)
- Automatic update
- Centralized management through ePolicy Orchestrator
|OES Component||Compatibility Description|
|OES NetWare||NetShield for NetWare supported on OES NetWare (NetWare 6.5)|
|OES Linux||LinuxShield available for OES, SLES 9 & 10, NLSBS, NLD 9, SLED 10|
|NSS Volumes||Supported with NetShield for NetWare and LinuxShield for SUSE|
|GroupWise||File-level scans only - no GroupWise message-level scans for viruses|
|eDirectory||Integrates with eDirectory for virus alerts to administrators|
|OES 2||Official statement of support|
- NetShield for NetWare runs as a series of NLMs.
- LinuxShield installation can be accomplished manually through packages or by running a script.
- If using LinuxShield 1.3 on Novell Open Enterprise Server with NSS volumes, LinuxShield 1.3 Support Pack 2 is required.
Overview of Solution Architecture and Integration
NetShield for NetWare and LinuxShield are McAfee anti-virus solutions that run on Novell Open Enterprise Server - NetWare and Novell Open Enterprise Server - Linux, respectively. Both applications can be installed and managed separately, or both can be managed through a single management interface-ePolicy Orchestrator.
McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator is a management server with console that runs on a Windows workstation. Remote consoles can also be configured on Windows workstations. Distributed repositories can be created on NetWare, Linux, UNIX or Windows servers. Management agents are installed on Novell Open Enterprise Server - NetWare servers or Novell Open Enterprise Server - Linux.
Management console showing NetShield for NetWare.
Management console showing LinuxShield.
Novell "Yes" certification for multiple NetWare platforms provides faster, easier and more integrated anti-virus defenses for Novell environments or mixed NetWare and Linux networks.
Novell Bulletin Linuxshield 1.4.0:
Novell Bulletin LinuxShield 1.3.0:
Novell Bulletin NetShield 4.6.3:
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com