Computer Associates (CA) - Anti-virus
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 24 Jan 2007
Vendor Home URL:
Computer Associates (CA)
eTrust Antivirus r8
eTrust Antivirus provides superior protection from the gateway to the PDA against today's most prevalent security threat - malware. It eliminates virus, worm and Trojan infections; eases administration by providing a single web-based management console for managing heterogeneous enterprise environments; and simplifies and automates the updating process.
Features and Capabilities
eTrust Antivirus includes the following features:
- Extensive platform coverage including PDAs, Windows, Macintosh, Linux, UNIX and NetWare
- Centralized web-based management across heterogeneous platforms
- Heuristic scanning with remediation
- Supported by the CA Security Advisor that monitors new security threats around the clock
- Integrated reporting engine with large library of existing, graphical reports
- Efficient signature updates for rapid deployment and quicker response to threats
|OES Component||Compatibility Description|
|OES NetWare||Supported for file scanning|
|OES Linux||Supported for file scanning|
|NSS Volumes on Linux||Not supported|
|GroupWise||Not supported for email-file scanning only|
|OES 2||Planned support|
eTrust provides file scanning for virus protection only. There are no special features for scanning GroupWise email at the message level or custom support for NSS Volumes or eDirectory.
Centralized management console dashboard showing virus detections.
Overview of Solution Architecture and Integration
Consists of server and management console. The management console is supported on Windows, Linux, UNIX and Macintosh platforms.
eTrust Antivirus r7.1 "YES CERTIFIED" with OES (NetWare & Linux) and SLES 9
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com