Ready to Upgrade to GWIA Native Internet Addressing?
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
By Omni Technology Solutions Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 12 Jun 2007
Are you finally ready to move to GWIA Native Internet Addressing?So, you're an administrator of a GroupWise system that has been around since the GWIA GroupWise Internet Addressing. Your users' address books have a number of .GWIA .INET or other old-style GroupWise Internet gateway identifiers. You haven't had the nerve to transition to Native Internet Addressing because you know all of your users' address books will break! Check out Omni's new Riva Address Book Cleanup module. Attend a Riva seminar to learn how, from a single workstation, you can clean out all incidents of "broken" GWIA/INET address book entries.
Riva's Address Book Clean-up Module Now AvailableOmni Technology Solutions' Riva Address Book Cleanup Module allows administrators to remove "broken" address book entries from user address books. GroupWise customers are invited to register for a web seminar of Riva's integrated GroupWise modules.
How It WorksThe Riva Address Book Clean-up Module leverages the GroupWise Trusted Application architecture available starting with GroupWise 6.5. The Trusted Application architechture allows an application to be registered to carry out tasks that are otherwise restricted to individual user actions. There are no native administration tools to globally clean up address books. Riva's GroupWise Collaboration Integration modules allow an administrator to create policies that are applied to individual user accounts, groups, containers, GroupWise Post Offices or entire Domains.
Incorrect gateway information can be found as a prefix or a suffix in the email address and display name. The prefix and suffix values can include special characters like ? ? @ #. In most cases, you will need to create multiple clean-up policies for each gateway type you want to remove. So, what does an incorrect gateway address look like?
"email@example.com".INET.OMNI   - email address
firstname.lastname@example.org.INET.OMNI   - display name
To clean up the above GroupWise Internet example, you would create three policies:
- Remove the ".INET.OMNI from the suffix of the email address (Note the " is included with this policy.)
- Remove the " as a prefix to the email address
- Remove the INET.OMNI from the suffix of the display name
Riva Modules and Reports Include:
- Common Calendar Utility »
- Common Proxy Access »
- Internet Address Clean-up »
- GroupWise Dynamic Distribution Lists »
- Birthday Reminder »
- GroupWise Archive Path Report »
- Password Expiry Report »
- Password Reminder Expiry Email »
- For more information about Omni, visit www.omni-ts.com
- For more information about Riva, visit GroupWise Integration Modules
- Read the Riva Groupwise Collaboration Integration Installation and Setup Guide.
- Register for a Riva Web Seminar
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com