Installing GroupWise Mobile Server (GMS)
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
By Dave Simons
Digg This -
Posted: 21 Aug 2007
In this article I will explain how to install GroupWise Mobile Server on a Windows 2000 Server. If you start a same test server as I did, make sure you have also installed SQL or MSDE on that W2K server. You also need a running GroupWise 7 SP1 or later system.
1. Insert the GMS CD and start the setup. You will see the welcome screen as shown below.
Figure 1 - Welcome screen
2. Click Next.
3. Accept the license agreement and click Next.
Figure 2 - License agreement
4. Enter the license key code.
Figure 3 - License key screen
After the license key is accepted, you will see this screen:
Figure 4 - Installation features
5. Leave it at the default and click Next. This way you will install the whole Mobile Suite on the server.
6. Enter the Username and password from your administrator account.
Figure 5 - User permission checks
7. After the user credentials are accepted, enter the installation path.
Figure 6 - Install location
8. Leave it at the default and click Next.
9. In my test lab I don't use a clustered enviorment, so just click Next to continue.
Figure 7 - Standalone or clustered installation
10. Select the mail server you are using.
Figure 8 - Mail server selection
11. Click Next.
12. Enter the IP address of your GroupWise server.
Figure 9 - GroupWise server information
13. Provide a GroupWise user and password. This is the check to determine whether the connection can be established.
14. Make sure you have SOAP enabled on the PostOffice Agent you want to connect to. The default setting does not allow SOAP. You can enable SOAP under the properties of the POA.
Figure 10 - Enabling SOAP on the Post Office agent
15. Click Next.
16. Click Next again.
Figure 11 - GroupWise server access
17. Enter your address information.
Figure 12 - Admin contact information
18. Enter the URL to connect to the web interface of GroupWise Mobile Server.
Figure 13 - Web server URL
19. Click Next.
20. Make sure that you understand and check all the boxes.
Figure 14 - Manual checklist
21. Click Next.
Now you are ready to install ...
Figure 15 - Environment Analyzer screen
22. Click Install to continue the installation.
The installation will now start.
Figure 16 - Preparing to install
23. Wait a couple of minutes, then click Finish - and the installation is ready.
Figure 17 - Wizard completion
Starting GroupWise Mobile Server
1. Open the web interface of GroupWise Mobile Server.
2. In your favorite browser, enter the DNS name or IP address in the URL field.
Figure 18 - Address for Intellisync Mobile Suite
You will see the login page of GrouopWise Mobile Server.
3. Enter your GroupWise name and Password and click Login.
After that, you will see a configuration wizard that helps you setup the right setting for you.
4. Walk through the wizard, and finally you will see this screen.
Figure 19 - Intellisync Mobile Suite screen
Now it's time go get the user manual of the GroupWise Mobile Server and learn how to work with it. You can find the manual here:
I hope that after reading this article more people will test and use GroupWise Mobile Server. It's really a great product from Novell and Intellisync.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com