Installing iChain Community Server Software on NetWare 5.1
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 5 Jun 2001
Current version: iChain 1.5
iChain community server software is released separately from the main product as a self-extracting file. This file is available for download from the Novell Products page.
IMPORTANT: We recommend installing the iChain authorization server and community server on separate servers. When installed on separate servers, the iChain authorization server and iChain community server must exist under the same NDS tree.
To install iChain services software as a community server on NetWare 5.1, complete the following steps:
- If you have not already done so, install the NetWare 5.1 software and the NetWare 5.1 Support Pack 1 on the machine which will be your community server.
- Enter the following commands at the target community server console to unload the Java NLMTM, down the Web server NLM, and down the Web server admin NLM.
- If you have not already done so, download the self-extracting community server software file to the local drive of the server to be your community server. This file is available for download from the Novell Products page.
- Double-click the download file to extract the files to a directory on your local drive.
- Run START.EXE to launch the installation program.
- Click Install iChain on NetWare.
- From the Welcome screen, click Next twice.
- Read the license agreement. If you accept the terms of the agreement, click Yes.
- To select the install destination for the community server, click Browse, and select a drive that is mapped to the SYS: volume of the server on which you are installing the software > click OK > Next.
- Verify that the tree name listed is the same tree where the community server resides.
- Enter a name for the iChain Service Object to be associated with this community (for example, Test_ISO) > click Next.
- Enter a fully distinguished administrator name and password for the server > click Next.
- Confirm that the information on the installation summary screen is correct and click Next to start copying the files.
- Click OK at the information screen.
- Click Readme to view the issues that you should know about iChain > click Finish.
- Close the Readme > click Exit.
- Enter RESTART SERVER at the server prompt.
If you plan to use the NetWare Web Manager to administer the community server, complete the following steps so that iChain configuration information can be loaded into the NetWare Web Manager:
- From a client on the private network, use a browser to access the URL of the NetWare Web Manager on the community server.
- The default URL is https://server-address:2200/. This URL may be different depending on the exact configuration of the Web Manager.
- From NetWare Web Manager, under the NetWare Enterprise Web Server field, click the name of the community server.
- A warning message appears indicating manual edits were not loaded.
- Click Apply > Load Configuration Files.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com