Digg This -
Posted: 16 Apr 2002
Version: iChain 1.5, 2.0
Novell iChain 2.0 provides identity-based Web security services that control access to application and network resources across technical and organizational boundaries. iChain separates security from individual applications and Web servers, enabling single-point, policy-based management of authentication and access privileges throughout the Net.
This AppNote outlines the recommended process for upgrading from Novell iChain 1.5 to version 2.0. It describes each step in the process, and then tells where to find information about the differences in the eDirectory schema in the new version of iChain.
Here's what you'll find in this AppNote:
- Prepare the current iChain 1.5 platform
- Back up the existing iChain 1.5 configuration
- Upgrade eDirectory with the iChain 2.0 schema
- Install ConsoleOne 1.3 and the iChain snap-ins
- Convert and modify existing ACL/ISO object definitions
- Upgrade the ICS box to iChain 2.0
- Test the upgrade and implement new features
Read all about it at http://developer.novell.com/research/appnotes/2002/april/03/a020403.htm.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com