Upgrading from ZENworks 2 or Starter Pack to ZfD 4
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 11 Dec 2002
Version: ZfD 4
We've had a great many inquiries about the proper way to upgrade to ZfD 4 from the pre-ZfD 3.x versions of ZENworks. Here's the definitive answer as contained in the upgrade documentation.
(Note: For details about how to move from ZfD 3.x, see Upgrading from ZfD 3.x to ZfD 4.
The procedures used for upgrading to ZfD 4 from ZENworks 2 or upgrading to ZfD 4 from the ZENworks Starter Pack are the same and should be followed in a specific order:
- Upgrading Software on User Workstations and the ZENworks Server
- Checking eDirectory
- Updating the eDirectory Schema
- Updating the Novell Client on Managed Workstations
- Installing or Upgrading ConsoleOne
- Upgrading ZENworks 2 Components on the Server
- Installing the ZfD Management Agent
- Installing the ZfD Middle Tier Server
Get all the details here.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com