AdminStudio ZENworks Edition bundled with ZENworks 6.5
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 25 Mar 2004
A special edition of InstallShield AdminStudio? will be included with the upcoming release of Novell ZENworks 6.5. The combined solution will enable IT departments to seamlessly prepare and distribute reliable applications and software updates to every Windows workstation and server in the enterprise.
The ZENworks edition of AdminStudio provides a complete software packaging and customization solution that makes it easy for systems administrators to prepare applications and software updates for enterprise use. When used with the unique Policy-Driven Automation of Novell ZENworks, IT departments can reduce costs and increase productivity.
?System downtime costs businesses millions of dollars each year in lost productivity and IT help desk costs,? said David Patrick, General Manager, Novell Resource Management. ?The integration of AdminStudio and ZENworks provides organizations with a seamless solution for packaging and distributing their applications. This combined solution will help enterprises improve the reliability and availability of their applications and greatly reduce their application management costs.?
The ZENworks edition of AdminStudio will provide complete application packaging capabilities and will make it easy for IT departments to customize applications to meet different requirements prior to ZENworks software deployment. The integrated ZENworks/AdminStudio solution will be included in the ZENworks 6.5 Public Beta scheduled for release in mid April.
?We are excited to be working closely with Novell to provide customers with a means of rapidly distributing high-quality applications and software updates,? said Lynn Sweetwood, Vice President and General Manager for Enterprise Solutions at InstallShield. ?Our integrated solution will enable IT departments to significantly reduce software rollout times, getting their end users the applications they need in far less time.?
AdminStudio ZENworks Edition Components
- Convert proprietary application installs to Windows Installer packages via snapshot or monitor methods
- Consolidate multiple installations to a single package
- Include / exclude components or replace with merge modules
- Determine setup intent via SmartScan
- Report on packaging status and errors
- Customize package via creation and editing of transforms (mst)
- Add custom files or setting property values
- Ensure quality using Microsoft internal consistency evaluator (ICE) rules
- Allow for automating creation of ZENworks application object and placement of package to desired network share
- Populate application object with package path and version values
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com