How to Run iFolder 2.1 in Protected Memory
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 9 Dec 2003
By default, iFolder 2.1 Professional Edition does not load its own instance of apache in protected memory on NetWare. Instead it creates an include statement on the default apache configuration file (ADMINSERV.CONF) and loads in the kernal address space.
Here is how to set up another instance of apache that will be loaded in its own memory address on the server. These steps are post-install steps after installing iFolder 2.1 (or upgrading to iFolder 2.1).
1. Unload the apache web server by typing NVXADMDN at the server console.
2. In SYS:\APACHE\IFOLDER\SERVER locate the HTTPD.CONF file and open it with a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad. Add the following information to their corresponding sections:
- Listen <your IP address or DNS name>:port ( i.e. LISTEN 10.10.1.1:51080)
- Port <port number> (i.e. PORT 51080)
- ServerName <DNS NAME or IP Address> (i.e. mcasey1.provo.novell.com)
- Document Root "sys:/apache/ifolder/DocumentRoot"
- <Directory "sys:/apache/ifolder/DocumentRoot" (by default this will show as sys:/apache/htdocs)
- SecureListen <your IP address or DNS name>:port "SSL CertificateIP"
(i.e. "SecureListen 10.10.1.1:51443 "SSL CertificateIP
The last item will need to be added to the very bottom of the HTTPD.CONF file. It's an include statement for the httpd_ifolder_nw.conf file. Type the following line to the end of the HTTPD.CONF file:
3. Next, open SYS:\iFolder\Server\httpd_ifolder_nw.conf and verify that the ports listed in this configuration file match the ports listed in the HTTPD.CONF that was just created. The only exception is the LDAP configuration sections that identify the LDAP server's address and port. Leave those as they were.
4. Open the SYS:\apache\conf\adminserv.conf file. At the end of the file right above the include statement for iFolder ("include SYS:\Apache\iFolder\Server\httpd_iFolder_nw.conf") there is a LISTEN and SECURELISTEN STATEMENT for iFolder. These along with the Include statement will need to be remarked out. For example:
#include SYS:\Apache\iFolder\Server\httpd_ifolder_nw.conf #Listen 52080 #SecureListen 52443 "SSL CertificateIP"
5. Under SYS:\SYSTEM find the STARTIFOLDER.NCF AND STOPIFOLDER.NCF. Copy both files to SYS:\APACHE\IFOLDER\SERVER (rename the original files under the sys:\system directory or delete them).
Modify the STARTIFOLDER.NCF to read:
LOAD ADDRESS SPACE = IFOLDER APACHE -f SYS:\APACHE\IFOLDER\SERVER\HTTPD.CONF
Modify the STOPIFOLDER.NCF to read:
UNLOAD ADDRESS SPACE = IFOLDER APACHE
6. Verify that there is a search path defined to the iFolder server directory. If there is not one, add it by typing the following at the system console (and adding it to the auotexec.ncf file):
SEARCH ADD SYS:/APACHE/IFOLDER/SERVER
7. Load iFolder by typing STARTIFOLDER at the server console (also, reload the primary apache server by typing NVXADMUP).
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com