Uninstalling NDS eDirectory from a Windows NT Server
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 18 Jun 2001
Version: NDS eDirectory 8.5
There are three separate ways to uninstall NDS eDirectory 8.5 from an NT Server:
- Go to Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Select - NDS eDirectory | Click the Add/Remove button
- Under NDS Services, start the Install.dlm and select Remove Directory Services From This Server.
- Manual Uninstall is found in the eDirectory README - Point 2.17, excerpted below.
Uninstalling eDirectory on Windows NT/2000 Servers Without a Replica
On Windows NT/2000 eDirectory installations that have no replica, the uninstall may fail. When you execute the uninstall via the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs entry for NDS eDirectory, it may fail if your server does not have a replica. If it does fail, use the following method for removal:
- From the Windows NT/2000 Services program, stop the NDS server service and the W32 SMDR service. Using the Task Manager, make sure the DHost.exe program terminates. Shutdown the NDS Console application if it is running.
- Using ConsoleOne, remove all the server-specific objects (Server, Server-PS, LDAP Server, LDAP Group, SAS service, SSL CertificateIP, and possibly SSL CertificateDNS). Do NOT remove the Security container at the root of the tree.
- In the Windows NT/2000 registry, delete the following entries if they exist:
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Uninstall\NDSonNT
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Novell\NDSonNT - 0
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Novell\Portable SMDR
- HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Services\EventLog\Application\NDS Server
- HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ EventLog\Application\W32 SMDR
- HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Services\NDS Server0
- HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Services\W32 SMDR
- Delete the following files:
- All files in the directory where you installed eDirectory (for example, C:\NOVELL\NDS)
- The systemDrive:\Program Files\ Common Files\Novell\NI\data\ip.db file
- The systemRoot\system32\Novell\NICI\nicisdi.key file
- From the systemRoot\system32 directory, delete gc080352.dll, ldapsdk.dll, ldapssl.dll, ldapx.dll, NDScps.cpl, nssl.dll, and sal.dll.
- Restart the NICI driver by typing "net stop niciccs" then "net start niciccs".
For more information, see TID 10058219
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com