NDS for UNIX Tools and Tips
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 1 Oct 2001
Version: eDirectory 8.5 for Solaris/Linux, NDS Corporate Edition for Solaris/Linux
- NDS for UNIX Information Tool
- NDSRepair for UNIX Menu Wrapper
- NDS for UNIX Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The NDS for UNIX Information Tool is a UNIX script that gathers UNIX system information and NDS configuration files. This tool will help you troubleshoot NDS for UNIX related problems by concatinating configuration files and system information into one log file. This log file can then be reviewed for potential problems.
Before calling NDS for UNIX technical support, make sure you have run the ndsunix.sh script and have the log file ready. By default the log file will be placed in /tmp/ndsunix.log.
gzip -d -c ndsunix4.tgz | tar xvf -
- Log in as root.
- Change to the directory where ndsunix.sh was extracted.
- Type ./ndsunix.sh
- Include the /tmp/ndsunix.log file when you open an incident with NTS.
To download the file, and for more information, see TID 2960235
The NDSRepair for UNIX Menu Wrapper is a UNIX shell script providing a menu for ndsrepair with a DSREPAIR.NLM look and feel. ndsrepair is a UNIX command line utility used to check and repair the NDS database. The menu wrapper displays the same menu options found in the DSREPAIR.NLM menu. It will detect the installed NDS version and show the appropriate ndsrepair menu options.
- Download the tarred compressed file to your UNIX system.
- Extract the file using the following command:
gzip -d -c dsrmenu4.tgz | tar -xvf -
- Log in as root.
- Change to the directory where dsrmenu.sh was extracted.
- Type ./dsrmenu.sh
To download the file, and for more information, see TID 2960141
See TID 10059820 for a nice assortment of helpful TIDs and info about NDS for UNIX.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com