Installing Novell eDirectory on Linux
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 5 Nov 2003
Many of you have asked for information about how to install eDirectory on Linux. The documentation covers this topic very nicely, right here.
- SLP Usage with eDirectory
- Using the nds-install Utility to Install eDirectory Components
- Using the ndsconfig Utility to Add or Remove the eDirectory Replica Server
- Using ndsconfig to Install a Linux Server into a Tree with Dotted Name Containers
- Using the nmasinst Utility to Configure NMAS
Linux, Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX Packages for Novell eDirectory
Novell eDirectory includes a Linux, Solaris, AIX, and HP-UX package system, which is a collection of tools that simplify the installation and uninstallation of various eDirectory components. Packages contain makefiles that describe the requirements to build a certain component of eDirectory. Packages also include configuration files, utilities, libraries, daemons, and manual pages that use the standard Linux, Solaris, AIX, or HP-UX tools installed with the operating system.
Read all about it right here in the documentation.
If you have any gotchas or experiences to share about this, please let us know.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com