eDirectory Leads the Way
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 31 Mar 2004
METAspectrumSM, a division of META Group, Inc., has given Novell eDirectory 8.7.1 its top score in a recently published market analysis for LDAP Directory products. You can read the full article here, or continue below for a summary of the key findings of the article.
- The primary criteria for choosing a good directory vendor are integration, scalability, and vendor viability.
- Basic synchronization, replication, and ?join? integration will also be primary considerations.
- Novell exhibits a combination of rich feature sets; production implementations of size, breadth, and scope; and presence in most major market segments.
- Novell remains a vendor of choice for systems integrators building identity infrastructure and identity management systems.
|Overall Vendor Ratings|
(Score out of 100 in parentheses; categories are weighted in diminishing order)Presence
- Vision/Strategy - Very Good (83)
- Share - Very Good (85)
- Channels/Partners - Good/VG (73)
- Awareness/Reputation - Very Good (80) Geographic Coverage - Good/VG (75)
- Business Drivers - Very Good (81)
- Industry Focus - Good/VG (78)
- Investments - Good/VG) (78)
- Technology - Very Good (82)
- Pricing - Good/VG (67)
- Services - Good/VG (75)
- Financials - Good (61)
- Personnel - VG/Exc (87)
- Agility - Good/VG (74)
- Execution - Good/VG (74)
Novell eDirectory is the number-one leader in the LDAP directory market space. This is due to a combination of overall superior feature/functionality delivery, good customer service, and an established presence in the market for both Internet and enterprise-facing directory needs. eDirectory has achieved decent market momentum and Novell is leveraging eDirectory infrastructure know-how in its Nsure Resources identity management offerings.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com