Time for a Checkup?
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 31 Mar 2004
Just like a trip to the doctor or dentist, a periodic health check of your servers can clear up a number of mysterious ailments. That's been the frequent recommendation in our eDirectory support forums lately. To get the full story, reference the ever-popular TID 10060600. You can also find a summary of health-check items below.
- Verify that your DS version is at the latest version on its respective operating system platform (use the DSREPAIR utility).
- Synchronize time across all servers in the network (load DSREPAIR.NLM from the server console and execute 'Time Synchronization').
- Synchronize, server-to-server (use DSTRACE or NDSTRACE; each server must have a replica to display the needed NDS trace information).
- Synchronize replicas (use DSREPAIR or NDSREPAIR).
- Check external references to find replicas and display obituaries (use DSREPAIR or NDSREPAIR).
- List partitions and states of the replicas stored in the current server's NDS database files (use DSREPAIR or NDSREPAIR).
- Synchronize schemas (use DSTRACE or NDSTRACE).
- Repair the local database if necessary (use DSREPAIR or NDSREPAIR).
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com