BorderManager and NetWare: A Great VPN Solution
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 30 Sep 2004
In case you've wondered what BorderManager can and does offer to NetWare sites in the way of a VPN solution, here are a few ideas.
When using Novell BorderManager and Novell's VPN Client for Windows, customers experience the following unique functionality not found in any other VPN system:
- Client32 integration (single sign-on to eDirectory/NetWare, runs NetWare login scripts, etc.).
- Connection is supported to all versions of NBM (3.7 and older use SKIP; only 3.8 uses IKE).
- Automatic SLP configuration is provided for location of Novell Pure IP services.
- All BMAS and NMAS authentication methods are supported.
- Integration with Novell Client Firewall is supported. (If configured this way, the VPN connection requires NCF running.) IPX is supported over the VPN.
These advantages and others make Novell BorderManager the logical choice for a VPN system in a NetWare environment. For more information on BorderManager products and solutions, as well a free download of a 90-day Evaluation of Novell BorderManager Multilingual, see:
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com