Updated Password Sync 1.0 Files
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 11 Apr 2003
This update is for Account Management 2.1 for Windows 2000 and DirXML Password Sync 1.0 for Windows/NT.
Get the updates here: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2965397.htm
Here's a list of what's been fixed, repaired, polished up:
- Added an event log message for decryption failure during sync of NDS password.
- Added registry setting to specify the IP address of an eDirectory server. This helps the pwdsync service to start properly when rebooting.
- location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Parameters
- value name: eDir Server IP Address
- value type: REG_SZ
- value data: x.x.x.x (IP address of eDirectory server holding a replica of the partition where the pwdsync object exists)
- Added an event log message for failure when mapping a user from one namespace to another.
- Fixed a trap.
- Added a 10 second delay between setting NDS password and bumping password expiration time.
- An additional delay can be added in the following registry key:
- location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PWDSYNC\Parameters
- value name: PwdExp Delay Time
- value type: REG_DWORD
- value data: n (number of seconds to delay) It is not recommended to make this higher than 30 seconds.
- Enhancement - made the filter DLL multi-threaded so that the LSA process isn't held off while syncing password changes.
- Fixed bug that caused Control Panel applet to not run properly on Terminal Server.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com