How to Set Up NetMail 3.1 to Work with Novell's Certificate Server
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 19 Dec 2003
Verify certgen.exe is dated at least 6-10-2002.
If you have already tried to get NetMail to work with Novell's certificate server then delete the 2 pem files from sys:\system.
- Run certgen.
- Choose next.
- Point to sys volume of NetMail server and click next.
- Choose request new certificate and next.
- Fill in all fields and make sure the common name is correct. Should be like www.novell.com. It is the dns name. Also have a valid state code such as ut for utah and country code such as us for the usa.
- On the final page choose via clipboard and next.
- Click finish.
- Hightlight the tree and select Tools | issue certificate.
- Paste the certificate from above.
- Choose next and next.
- For the 'select how the key is to be used', choose ssl or tls. (or encyrption).
- 'Set the key usage extension to critical' should not be checked.
- 'Validity period' should be what ever you want and next.
- Choose finish.
- Choose System clipboard in base64 format and click save.
Run certgen again.
- Verify path is correct.
- Choose install a certificate received from a ca.
- Choose next because it is already in the clipboard.
- Open the sslcertificateIP object properties.
- Certificate | trusted root | certificate | export.
- Say no to the private key.
- Choose file in base64 format and give it a filename.
- Choose finish.
- Next then Next.
- Add\renew trusted certificate authority.
- From a file choose next.
- Type the path and filename to the file you exported previously.
- Select open.
- Give it a name - it doesn't matter what.
|submit a tip|
Here's a chance to share your experiences using NetMail. Just send us a tip about using (or installing, deploying, troubleshooting, etc.) NetMail, and if it looks like something we can use, we'll send you a Novell t-shirt, post your tip, and make you famous beyond your tamest dreams. Submit your tip here: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/forms/submit_a_tip.html
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com