Digg This -
Posted: 7 Feb 2002
In this Novell Connection article, GroupWise experts Tay Kratzer and Danita Zanr? explain how to protect your company's GroupWise system from being infiltrated by dangerous viruses.
Here's a start:
A complete virus-protection solution must cover all entry points of your company's network. The most likely entry and propagation points are listed below.
- Software or web pages that users access on the Internet
- Removable media (such as disks or CDs)
- Files attached to an e-mail message that users access with the GroupWise 32-bit client
- Internet e-mail
- GroupWise WebAccess client
To effectively eradicate viruses that propagate via the GroupWise entry points, you should follow the guidelines outlined in this article.
- Protecting the Post Office Agent (POA)
- Protecting the Message Transfer Agent (MTA)
- Protecting the GroupWise Internet Agent (GWIA)
- Protecting GroupWise WebAccess
- Reactive Solutions for Eliminating E-mail Viruses
To read the full article go to: http://www.novell.com/connectionmagazine/2002/02/virus22.pdf
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com