Secure Your Sales and Customer Data using ContactWise 6.1
Novell Cool Solutions: Feature
Digg This -
Posted: 5 Sep 2002
Secure your Sales and Customer Data using this New eDirectory/GroupWise Enabled Application
New product features include "Group-to-Individual" level security - utilizing NDS/eDirectory.
GroupLink's new ContactWise 6.1 gives you a secure user friendly interface to customer data and sales automation data - - - enabling you to deliver higher customer satisfaction and enhanced profitability.
- Provide secure access to your employees, departments, and entire organization for all customer information required to consistently satisfy each customer's requirements, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and enhancing profitability.
- Provide a secure, single view of your organization to your customer.
- Automate the secure and timely delivery of product and services information to each of your customers.
- Securely measure how well your organization and people are doing in terms of customer satisfaction and loyalty, increased revenue generation, and increased return on their marketing and sales dollar.
- Safely and securely ensure that all customer commitments are met
"Group-to-Individual" level security - utilizing NDS/eDirectory
Copyright© 2001, 2002 GroupLink. All rights reserved. No part of this display and description may be reproduced, photocopied, stored on a retrieval system, or transmitted without the express written consent of GroupLink. Permission granted to Novell for Cool Solutions web display, and for printed use as a joint Novell / GroupLink sales and marketing tool.
How Security Works - - - Security Rights can be assigned on three levels:
- Default: When a Security right is turned on at the default level then all users of the database will have that right.
- By Directory Group: When a right is turned on for a specific group then that right is in effect for all members of that group.
- By Directory User: When a right is turned on for a specific user then it is only in effect for that one user.
As a general rule, very few rights should be given at the default level. Only those rights that every user should have should be given at the default level. Most rights should usually be given at the group level and occasionally rights may need to be given to an individual user.
There are four categories of Security rights:
- General Features: The rights in this category are very straight forward and easy to use. Simply turn on the right to use a specific feature or turn it off.
- Contact Access: Contact Access rights are sometimes are also sometimes called Contact Visibility Rights. These rights can be a applied at various levels to the database:
- All Contacts: For example, if a user is given the Contact Access Modify right and the right is applied to all contacts then the user will be able to modify any contact in the entire database.
- By ContactWise Group: For example, if a user is given the Contact Access Modify right and the right is applied to a single ContactWise group then the user will be able to modify any contact in that specific group.
- By specific contact: For example, if a user is given the Contact Access Modify right and the right is applied to a single contact in ContactWise then the user will be able to modify only that one contact.
- Groups: (Groups here refers to ContactWise Groups) Group Access rights can also be assigned at different levels:
- All Groups: For example, if a user is given the Group Read right and the right is applied to all groups in ContactWise then the user will be able to see a listing of all public groups in the database.
- Individual Group: For example, if a user is given the Group Read right and the right is applied to a single group in ContactWise then the user will be able to see that one group in ContactWise.
- Properties: Property access rights can be assigned at different levels also.
- All Properties: For example, if a user is given the Properties Read and Modify rights and those rights are applied to all properties then the user will be able to both view and modify all properties for any contact that he/she can access.
- Individual Property: For example, if a user is given the Properties Read and Modify rights and those rights are only applied to one property then the user will be able to both view and modify that one property for any contact that he/she can access.
The full version of this new, user friendly version of ContactWise 6.1 is available for download from GroupLink's website (http://www.grouplink.net/download/).
This new technology will help you give Sales Force Automation and "Group-to-Individual" level security (utilizing NDS/eDirectory) to your GroupWise users.
- For additional information about ContactWise or GroupLink's other Novell / GroupWise solutions, please visit their website at www.grouplink.net.
- Read more GroupLink Cool Solutions Articles here.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com