|Blocking Spam from GroupWise
|GroupWise Cool Solutions Article
Posted: 22 May 2003
We've received several questions from people looking for information on how to block Spam from GroupWise, so we pulled together a list of links to all the articles, tips, and partner solutions we could find. If we missed anything, let us know and we'll add it to the list.
GroupWise 6.5 offers several options for spam filtering. The GroupWise Internet Agent (GWIA) can subscribe to Real-time Blackhole Lists (RBL), allowing administrators to block spam based on known sources of spammers. GroupWise 6.5 also integrates with Novell partner anti-spam products.
The GroupWise 6.5 client has a new Junk Mail Handling feature that lets users control unwanted Internet e-mail messages (spam) with block lists.
The GroupWise Internet Agent can be configured to reject messages from known open relay hosts and spam hosts.
The Internet Agent includes the following features to help you protect your GroupWise system and users from unwanted e-mail:
See Blocking Unwanted E-mail in the GroupWise Internet Agent in the GroupWise 6.5 online documentation for details.
The Junk Mail Handling feature provides users with the following options for dealing with unwanted messages that have not been stopped by the Internet Agent:
- Individual e-mail addresses or entire Internet domains can be placed on the user's Block List. Messages from blocked addresses never arrive in the user's mailbox.
- Individual e-mail addresses or entire Internet Domains can be placed on the user's Junk List. Messages from these addresses are automatically delivered to the Junk Mail folder in the user's mailbox. The user can configure automatic deletion of items in the Junk Mail folder and can also create rules to act on items placed in the Junk Mail folder.
- Messages from users whose addresses are not in the user's personal address books can be automatically delivered to the Junk Mail folder.
For more information of using the Junk Mail Handling feature in the GroupWise client, see Handling Unwanted Mail in the GroupWise 6.5 online documentation.
- AppRiver - (Anti-Spam for GroupWise)- www.appriver.com
- Beginfinite - (GWAVA) - www.beginfinite.com
- Caledonia - (Iris Pure e-Mail) - www.caledonia.net/iris.html
- CipherTrust - (IronMail) - www.ciphertrust.com/ironmail
- Guinevere - www.openhandhome.com
- IntelliReach - (MessageScreen) - www.intellireach.com
- MailWise - www.mailwise.com/
- Omni Technology Solutions Inc. - (GEE Whiz) - www.omni-ts.com
- RAV AntiVirus for GroupWise - www.raeinternet.com/rav/ravforgroupwise.html
- The Messaging Architects - (GWGuardian)- www.messagingarchitects.com
- SurfControl - www.surfcontrol.com
Articles on Spam Prevention