How to Create Reminder Notes for Birthdays
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Pascal Seiler
Digg This -
Posted: 5 Aug 2004
Creating reminder notes for birthdays.
There seems do be no easy way to make reminder notes for birthday reminders in GroupWise.
Creating a posted reminder using the formula tab within the auto-date function solves that problem.
- Add the "New Note" Button to the toolbar.
This gives you the possibility to create a posted reminder.
- Create a new posted reminder
- Click on "New Note" - "posted reminder" in the toolbar.
- In the subject line enter the word "Birthday" and the name of the person you wish to be reminded at his/her birthday. For example, enter "Nora's birthday" in the subject line.
- In the message body you can enter additional information such as the year of birth or whatever you like else.
- Make the formula
- Click on Tools - Auto-Date and then choose the formula tab.
- Leave the start date as it is (current date) and set the end date to something that is behind the date you would expect your email system.
- In the "Formula Text" field enter the birthday (for example August 11) as in this example:
- 11 aug
- Click ok followed by Post.
|submit a tip|
Here's a chance to share your experiences using GroupWise. Just send us a tip about using (or installing, deploying, troubleshooting, etc.) GroupWise, and if it looks like something we can use, we'll send you a Novell t-shirt, post your tip, and make you famous beyond your tamest dreams. Submit your tip here: http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/forms/submit_a_tip.html
For more tips see:
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com