GroupWise 6.5 and Microsoft Windows XP Support Pack 2 Issues
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
Digg This -
Posted: 9 Sep 2004
Novell Technical Support: TID10094089: GroupWise 6.5 and Microsoft Windows XP Support Pack 2 Issues
- GroupWise client does not show new mail
- Notify does not notify of new mail
- Need to hit F5 to see new mail in client
- GroupWise client does not Refresh
- Busy search does not return for remote Post Office
- New mail envelope icon does not appear.
Installed Windows XP SP2 and enabled Windows Firewall
With Windows XP SP2 the Windows Firewall is enabled by default and the default settings block UDP. GroupWise is dependent on UDP for the above features.
GroupWise development is working on a solution to automatically configure the Windows Firewall to allow access to the GroupWise applications. In the meantime it will be necessary to manually configure Windows Firewall to allow UDP. There are a couple of ways of achieving this but the easiest for GroupWise is to add GroupWise and GroupWise Notify to the exceptions list on the firewall.
Get the step-by-step instructions here
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com