BrainStorm Cool Tip: Archiving - Part 1
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 16 Sep 2004
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
archiving -- part 1 of 2
GroupWise has provided you with a way to simplify your life?or at least your Mailbox. Archiving your Mailbox gives you a way to save items you want to keep without having them take up space in your Mailbox. Archived items are removed from your system Mailbox and stored in your personal archive directory.
creating your archive directory
Before you archive items, you need to create an archive directory on your hard drive or in a personal network directory.
- From the Main Window, select Tools | Options
- Double-click on Environment.
- Select File Location tab.
- Specify the path of your archive directory in the Archive directory: box.
- Select OK, and then Close.
archiving an item
- Open an item from the Mailbox, Calendar, or Sent Items folder.
- Select Actions | Move to Archive or right-click and then select Move to Archive from the menu.
automatically archive data
more BrainStorm cool tips
If you would like more information on how to increase your productivity and utilization of GroupWise, visit BrainStorm online at http://www.brainstorminc.com. BrainStorm, Inc. is Novell's End-User Training Partner.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com