BrainStorm Cool Tip: Filtering Discussion Threads
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By BrainStorm, Inc.
Digg This -
Posted: 3 Feb 2005
Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use GroupWise. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Filtering Discussion Threads
When you use discussion threads, some of the threads may just not be pertinent for you. So, when you really don't want to know about the nearest hairdresser or newest diet craze, you can filter these threads and they won't show up in your window. Follow the steps below to filter your discussion threads:
Mark your discussion threads
Before you can filter the threads you want to ignore, you must mark each thread you want to watch:
- Make sure your shared discussion folder is in Discussion thread view by right-clicking in the folder window and selecting View Discussion Threads.
- Right-click on the root of the first discussion thread.
- Click Mark Thread | Watch to mark a thread you want to watch and Mark Thread | Ignore to mark a thread you want to ignore.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 above to mark all the threads in your shared discussion folder.
Filter the ignored threads
Once all your discussion threads are marked as "watch" or "ignore," you can filter the ignored items and only allow watched items.
- Double-click the filter icon in the upper right corner of the folder view. (The filter icon looks like two entwined rings.)
- Click the Advanced Filter button.
- In the first text box of the Advanced Filter dialog, click the All Fields . . . option.
- Select Thread State and click OK.
- Click on the  icon and select Includes.
- In the second text box, select Watched.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again in the Filter dialog box.
- The threads you marked should now be filtered and the filter icon in the upper right corner should be colored indicating that a filter is in place.
- If you get an error message that no items were found, go back and make sure you marked all the items correctly.
|more BrainStorm cool tips|
If you would like more information on how to increase your productivity and utilization of GroupWise, visit BrainStorm online at http://www.brainstorminc.com. BrainStorm, Inc. is Novell's End-User Training Partner.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com