Tip: Managing NBO Printers via iManager
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Jason Rooth
Digg This -
Posted: 4 Apr 2005
The iManager on an NBO is a cut-down version of iManager (it seems). You cannot add a specific LPR name to printers you set up - by default it creates and uses PASSTHROUGH.
I tried changing the LPR name in NDPSM (which works), but then you can't manage the printers in iManager. It just hangs.
Here are the steps to follow to solve this problem:
- Log in to Remote Manager (https://servername:8009) as supervisor. Click on NDPS Manager Health.
- Select the Printer Agent from the available list.
- Click on Configuration Options
- Change the Gateway Autoload Command from
NDPSGW PORT=LPR HOSTADDRESS=x.x.x.x PRINTERNAME=PASSTHROUGH
NDPSGW PORT=LPR HOSTADDRESS=10.20.11.65 PRINTERNAME=PRINT (or equivalent Name)
- Click Apply, and you're all done.
The following TID has most common LPR names: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10080373.htm
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com