Starting the GroupWise Agent Screens in Linux
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By Chris Laycock
Digg This -
Posted: 8 Apr 2005
If you are unfamiliar with Linux or GroupWise on Linux, here is a short exercise that Chris Laycock wrote that gives you step-by-step instructions on bringing up your GroupWise Agent screens when GroupWise is installed on Linux.
Novell Linux Small Business Suite 9 Lab Exercise
- Install Novell Linux Small Business Suite using the NetWork Install or the CD's
- Configure eDirectory: Click on the red N and choose System | Yast. Click eDirectory and choose new tree. Name it, put in the ip address and continue with the configuration.
You don't need to set up NTP for this exercise. Choose your admin context etc., and note the settings in the summary page.
- Configure iManager: In Yast, click iManager and configure.
- Configure GroupWise: In Yast, click GroupWise and install the default products. In the summary screens, note the settings and change the ones you want to change.
- After the configuration of these three products, Reboot, then proceed to bring up ConsoleOne and look at the configuration options for configuring the Post Office, POA, MTA, Web Access, and GWIA. ConsoleOne is in /usr/ConsoleOne/bin. Just hit ./ConsoleOne from that directory. When finished, close ConsoleOne.
- Start and Stop the GroupWise agents and bring up their screens:
To bring up agent screens, first, we need to stop the agents, then restart them manually.
- To stop the POA and MTA, type /etc/init.d/grpwise stop.
- To stop GWIA, type /etc/init.d/grpwise-ia stop.
- To stop the WebAccess agent, type /etc/init.d/grpwise-wa stop.
Find out what your agent configuration files are named, by going to
/opt/novell/groupwise/agents/share and listing the files, with the ls command.
The MTA and POA config files will be named according to your domain and post office names. For Novell Linux Small Business Suite 9, the default names are:
Note: I recommend bringing up these screens at need only, since if you use the shell Konsole, closing the console from within the GUI will also shut down the agent.
To start the agents with screens, go to the /opt/novell/groupwise/agents/bin directory and type the following:
- To start the POA, type ./gwpoa -show @../share/gwpo.poa &
- To start the MTA, type ./gwmta -show @../share/gwdom.mta &
- To start GWIA, type ./gwia -show @../share/gwia.cfg &
- To start the WebAccess agent, type ./gwinter -show @../share/webac65a.waa &
The WebAccess agent will not start in a separate window, but will simply show configuration information in the terminal screen. If you do not wish to see this, do not stop and restart the WebAccess agent.
Use the syntax above, in order to bring up the screens. Use the "&" to start the process as a background process.
iManager is at http://IP /nps/iManager.html.
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com