File Hung Open? Here's how to Close It
Novell Cool Solutions: Tip
By James Clinebelle
Digg This -
Posted: 6 Apr 2005
PROBLEM: File Hung Open. Cannot clear the connection without restarting the server or dismounting the volume. (There is a TID on this part 10056584) Here's how I solved it.
Use the NRM (NetWare Remote Manager) web page to have the operating system close the file.
- Go to HTTP://<server address>:8008
- Select volumes.
- Select the Information button next to the volume with the file that is hung open.
- Select the open files button.
- Scroll down till you see the user's connection number.
- You should see the file that is hung -- select the hung file.
- At the bottom of the file you will see the option to close the file --select this option.
- The file will be forced closed by the operating system.
I have done this several times with success each time.
If you have any questions you may contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
Novell Cool Solutions (corporate web communities) are produced by WebWise Solutions. www.webwiseone.com